Friday, September 3, 2010

mugshot



I don't even know where to begin when it comes to plugging Bitch Magazine. For those unenlightened, Bitch is an American-based (I'm not aware of any Australian equivalent aside from the fantastic Lip) feminist quarterly, with exceptionally good writing, mostly of the pop-culture analysis variety. It is by far my favourite publication, and during the lulls between issues there are always great blog posts on their website to tide me over. I'm posting this because they are constantly needing more promotion and funding and I'm trying to help spread the word for a truly worthwhile cause, in my own little way. I joined their B-Hive this morning (while happily drinking coffee out of my Bitch mug, above), and I'm hoping they reach their goal of 1000 members by the end of the year. So if you're even remotely interested in contemporary feminist ideas, please take a look at their site or pick up a copy of the magazine (most Borders stores stock it here). Bitches, unite! Or something wittier that I can't think of right now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment