Monday, January 25, 2010

monday links



- One of the coolest things I have seen in a while, NewsCred allows you to create your very own newspaper online. I haven't tried it out yet but (speaking as a Journalism student) what a fantastic idea!

- A really great article at the Slant Magazine website discussing three cult television shows, their impact, themes, and how well they represented their respective audiences, here.

- I've been completely addicted to Life Hacker lately, scrolling back through countless entries on every topic imaginable. The stubs on this site are unpreachy, straight to the point, and very helpful. It takes a bit of wading through to find topics that concern or interest you, but it's well worthwhile; I've found an ton of useful links on everything from food to Firefox.

- A very cute Diagram of Geek Culture that I think makes a lot of people feel slightly better about the extent of their geekiness. I mean, I feel pretty great about not being a fan of pie charts or space pirates ...

[image from the Prada ss10 lookbook]

No comments:

Post a Comment