Tuesday, April 13, 2010

plato's atlantis



Oh you know, just hanging out in Paris wearing an Alexander McQueen dress.
By which I mean, HOLY SHIT. I ACTUALLY OWN THIS THING NOW!? SO AMAZING.
When I saw a rack of McQueen clothes hanging in the Printemps Department Store here, I just knew it would be so special (actually, bittersweet) to own a piece of this fashion history. The dress is gorgeous - better picture on its way once I get back home - and one of those things you want to have on display rather than wear for fear of damaging it. Either way, it's obviously a keeper.

Anyhow it's my last day in Paris today (the worst part about coming to Paris is leaving it, I've had an incredible time). I'm leaving for London tonight, staying for three days and then heading home. I love traveling and all but I can't wait to sleep in my own bed! Not long to go now.

5 comments:

  1. Miss you! Although I wouldn't see you that much if you went back to CBR, come to Sydney instead!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, that dress looks so fucking amazing and I think you definitely made the right decision on spending your money on an iconic and meaningful piece rather than pissing it away on something that is supposedly totes hawt this season. I know what you mean about being apprehensive about actually wearing it in fear of damaging it, you can always hang it on a wall!

    www.latershaters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Freaky dee, this is rad (again)! Can you wear it just once? To like... Filthy's, and melt faces.
    I'm going back to Paris for the first time in like... five years, this Christmas. Can you please be my personal smarttraveller.gov.au? And rate the worthiness of various shops/department stores/cafes with phrases such as 'exercise caution', 'reconsider your need to travel', and 'do not travel'? I sense your expertise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is quite something. I can't believe you own such a timeless and historic piece.. the Alexander McQ looks so beautiful, I love the colours of it!

    I completely know how you mean, designer pieces as beautiful as that should be on know, but they're often not due to fear of damage, spillages and all the other disasters which are prone to happening with such a beautiful item of clothing in close proximity..

    Wear it with pride! I really love it -- your blog is lovely too :)

    Chloe
    http://chloeinfinite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo jealous!

    Sophie x
    www.themodernfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete